Yes, really!! Today’s card is inspired by my pyjama bottoms! I love the colours and pattern on them, they pretty much match the 2012-2014 In Colours. I was having more fun with my Stampin’ Up! Summer Silhouettes stamp set:
- I’ve used Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant on this card – that’s a lot of colours for me!
- I’ve stamped and embossed some flowers onto the base card as well for some added depth. I’ll admit though, I’m not sure about that bit – what do you think?
- I’ve given the Flowers depth in several ways. First I inked them with Wisteria Wonder, then used the Rock ‘n’ Roll technique to add Elegant Eggplant to the outer edges.
- Once snipped out, I curled each petal up with my paper folder, then around my embossing tool to give them a more natural look. Finally I popped them up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A length of Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon (going to miss that) and a sentiment from Friendly Phases (going to miss that too!) finish it off.
What do you think – does it work? Should I take inspiration from my clothes again, or step away from the wardrobe?!
Thanks for stopping by today. If I can place an order for any Stampin’ Up! products for you, please just email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on: 07970 876670.
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes (126447), Friendly Phrases (126151) Cardstock: Pool Party (124391), Whisper White (106549), Elegant Eggplant (108614) Ink: Whisper White (117361), Pool Party (122938), Wisteria Wonder(126985), Calypso Coral (126983), Elegant Eggplant (126969), Lucky Limeade (126984) Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882) Accessories: Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon (122976), White Embossing Powder (109132), Rhinestones (119246)