Hi! Just a quick one this evening while DH is watching The Gadget Show!
I needed some inspiration for a Birthday card last week, and spotted the little pouch on page 44 of the new Stampin’ Up! AC, and on closer inspection realised the little flower centre was made from the new Ruffled Ribbon! Bingo – off I went:
- I embossed the Strawberry Slush base card using the new Alphabet Press TIEF.
- I haven’t any of the new Core’dinations card in the house, so I swiped my Whisper White Ink Pad over the raised areas to give it a little more texture.
- The flower is made from Vellum cardstock. I’ve punched 4 Pansy Punch shapes out and stuck them one on top of the other using Glue Dots.
- The flower centre is made using 20-25cm of Strawberry Slush Ruffled Ribbon. You simply roll the ribbon up tightly in a roll. I secured the end of the ribbon with another Glue Dot and then used a couple more to stick it to the flower centre.
- The leaves are another Pansy Punch from Garden Green card, snipped out a couple of petals, gave them some texture with my Paper Folder and inked the edges with matching ink. Another glue dot secures them to the back of the flower.
- Now add to your card along with your sentiment. I’ve used a Chalk Talk Tag and a sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts in Bermuda Bay ink.
I made several more in different colours of ribbon, so look out for them on more cards coming soon!
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX