Hi There! Hope you are all doing well? Week 2 of the summer holidays is nearly under our belts, and I suspect I’ll be shocked at just how quickly it will be over! I’m managed to keep the girls entertained so far – and today they are out at an Art day, so I look forward to hearing what they’ve been doing.
With keeping the girls entertained, my crafting time is cut seriously short, so any help I can get is always great. For today’s card I used this fab sketch from Create with Connie and Mary (CCMC261), which gave me a fab starting point:
I did the card then from memory though, so I’m afraid I drifted a little from the original sketch, but they are there for inspiration and to get you started, they don’t have to match perfectly. I adore sketches to get me started when I’m in need of inspiration. And here’s my card:
- I’ve used my new Circles Framelits from Stampin’ Up! to create the aperture. I’m so glad SU! brought us these.
- I’ve used my Modern Mosaic TIEF to the emboss the panel too – I really need to consider the other folders in my stash, I seem a bit stuck on this one just now – love it!
- I wanted something behind too, so I added a little panel stamped with the Dictionary background stamp.
- Another Ruffled Ribbon Flower – Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon this time.
- The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the From the Heart stamp set – one that has been in my collection quite some time and been sadly overlooked!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card. Make sure you give the Ruffled Ribbon Flowers a go – they are super quick to make, so you could whip up a batch and have them ready to pop on a card whenever you need a fab embellishment.
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX