Hi There! Hope you’re doing OK and looking forward to the weekend? We’ve got a busy one, as we’re meeting up with a couple of my brothers and my sister (one of my brother’s can’t make it, which is a real shame), so I’m excited for that. Today though we’re hoping to meet some friends and take picnic to a local spot, so keep your fingers crossed the rain stays away for me please!
Today I have a really quick and easy Man’s card for you:
- I’ve cut a mat of the grid paper from the Stampin’ Up! Soho Subway DSP.
- I’ve used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to give it a distressed look, using Island Indigo and Summer Starfruit inks.
- The faint rings in the corner were made by inking up the edges of an empty button container with Early Espresso ink and stamping it onto the paper too.
- The Happy Birthday greeting is from Delightful Dozen, inked in Cherry Cobbler.
- Some more Soho Subway scraps were used to make little banners which I stapled to the top edge using my office stapler! I curled the ends with my Paper Folder.
- The finished mat was then added to a Crumb Cake card base.
A nice flat card too, so it will go on a standard stamp – bonus!
I also wanted to announce that I was really chuffed to find out that the card I posted on Wednesday which I had done for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge, was chosen as one of their Top 3 Picks – thank you so much!
And thank you to everyone who left such lovely comments for it, both here and on Facebook, or to those who’ve pinned it – I’m so glad you all liked it so much.
Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you’re up to, and I’ll see you with something new next week,
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX