Hi All! Where did this week go?? I meant to post on Wednesday, yesterday and now I’m finally managing it! I’m sure the holidays seem to go quicker as the weeks go on. The girls only have a little over a week left now before returning to school and I know I shall miss them during the day once they go back. It’ll be nice to get back to my routine though, although I plan a few changes to it, hopefully making me more efficient, but also allowing me time to do some new things too. I’ll share more on all those in the coming months. Some are business related while others are personal.
Today though I want to share a card I made last week that uses the Spotlighting Technique. I love the Spotlighting Technique, and most of us probably use it and variations on it quite often. Everytime you highlight an element in your project, you’re using a version of the Spotlighting technique. Today’s card uses it in it’s most basic form though, and to great effect to take a simple card to a WOW! card with just one extra step – check it out:
- One stamp set for this card – Stampin’ Up! Blooming With Kindness – I love that bloom image.
- I’ve stamped it once on my plain white base card in Basic Black ink.
- I then stamped it a second time (after cleaning with my Stampin’ Scrub) on a piece of scrap white card in Melon Mambo ink.
- I’ve simply used a 1 1/4″ circle punch to punch out a piece of the pink bloom and then used a Stampin’ Dimensional to place it on the Black bloom so the image matches.
- I’ve used my Stampin’ Write Markers to colour the sentiment and stamped it straight onto my base card too.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed today’s technique card. More sneak peeks from the upcoming Autumn/Winter catalogue coming next week, so pop by again soon.
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX