So, my birthday was last week, and decided to spend a quiet day doing one of my favourite things – making boxes! I love making boxes, as regular blog visitors will know. Plus, now I have my Stampin’ Up! Envelope Punch Board, making boxes can be really quick and simple. I whipped up this one in no time:
- The box is made from Naturals Composition DSP. This is perfect for box making as it’s really thick – card really, not paper. I can’t believe I hadn’t realised how great it was!
- This box is a fabulous size – 5″ x 5″ x 4″!
- I’m loving this Tartan pattern in the Season of Style DSP pack – bang on trend.
- A great bow using the Cherry Cobbler Grosgrain ribbon – very festive.
- I’ve used a the Be Merry Single Stamp for my tag, die cutting it with a coordinating Chalk Talk die.
- The box is very simple to create – just take a piece of 12″ x 12″ cardstock or DSP. Place into your punch board at 4″ and punch and score. Turn and repeat on all 4 sides of the card. Now flip the card over and repeat from the other side – this should mean that each side has 2 notches punched (4″ and 8″) and scored. Now simply fold on the scores, cut down one side of the inner score line so you can fold up into a box. Stick together. Now close the 4 envelope flaps in for a lid. Let me know if you’d like a tutorial.
Thanks for stopping by today, come back for more soon – I took loads of photos yesterday so I have lots to share!
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX