The kids are back at school, and that means I am back stamping – yay! The break has been fantastic, we’ve had a really laid back couple of weeks, everyone slept in, chilled out, and just generally had a fun time. This hopefully means we’re all well rested and ready to take on the world! Well, our part of it anyway 😉
Over the next couple of weeks, I’m looking forward to sharing with you the projects I did for my display at Convention, along with a sprinkling of projects using new and upcoming products – exciting! As a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I got to order products from the Spring/Summer catalogue last week (goes live on the 28th January to customers) and they will be delivered tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to playing with some of those soon! In the meantime, I have some really cute projects for you from my Convention display.
Stampin’ Up! sent me a box of goodies to play with featuring a suite of products from the Annual Catalogue. These included:
& Birthday Basics DSP
plus some ribbon and buttons. The first card I created was this one:
- I started out with a Summer Starfruit base card, and added some splattering with coordinating ink and the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.
- Next I die cut a large circle from the Birthday Basics DSP and layered it with some banner strips from card in coordinating colours.
- TOP TIP: I took all my colours from the paper – did you notice they now list the colours in the DSP on the back of the packet? It took me ages to realise!
- I like a card with a number on it for young children’s birthdays. This one could even be made into a badge – how fun would that be?!
- I then got funky with some buttons! This made me laugh, because had I bought the buttons, I would never have put so many on there, saving them for that unknown project that might need them sometime in the future! But since they were in the box, I went for it – and I love the result!
I hope you like the project. Check back tomorrow for another,
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX