I was feeling a bit sad this morning! One of my girls had gone to school feeling a bit down, and that had left me feeling sad for her. She’s struggling a little to get back into the routine of school after the break, and whilst I know she’ll soon be sorted, I hate dropping my kids off at school knowing they’re not feeling their happiest.
So I came home and felt a little down, and then I remembered the idea I’d had for this card the other day and decided it would help to cheer me up a little to make it. And it did, big time. This card makes you feel happy just looking at it! I challenge you not to feel even a little cheered by it’s brightness:
I’m sharing sneak peeks of lots of things on this card!
- The rainbow fringing is created using the new Fringe Scissors available in the Spring/Summer Mini.
- I used card in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Pacific Point and Elegant Eggplant to create the rainbow. The card base is Pool Party.
- The stamp is from one of the upcoming Sale-a-Bration set; See Ya Later and coloured using my Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The die cut behind the sentiment is cut using the new Starburst Framelit dies (S/S Mini) in yellow to look like a little sun on my card!
- A Real Red Stitched Grosgrain bow hides the join between the rainbow and the base card.
The sun came out just as I took this last photo and really shows of the colours. And I could look at this card all day – in fact I just might! And then I think I’ll give it to my daughter when she comes home to let her know how much she cheers my day, and hopefully this card make her smile when she looks at it too.
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX