OMG – Ombre Fringing! This has become my most favourite thing (for now!)! I won’t waffle on too much today as I have two cards to share so lots of pictures! Read on for craftiness:
The first card I made with it was this cutie below for a friend of the girls:
- I used card in three shades of pink – Pretty in Pink (retired), Strawberry Slush and Melon Mambo.
- Each strip of card (2 in each colour) is 10.5cm wide and 4.5cm high.
- I cut fringes along all 6 pieces of card
- Starting with a card base in the palest colour (Pretty in Pink), stick one of the darkest fringes to the bottom.
- Add the next layer of fringes approx. 1.5cm above the first.
- Now repeat up the card using next the medium shade (Strawberry Slush) and then finally the lightest; Pretty in Pink.
- I’ve added a Pretty in Pink stitched ribbon bow and a great sentiment from Remembering Your Birthday – love it!
So excited by the success of this card, I just had to do another one and share it with my customers:
- The three shades on this card are; Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay
- The base card is Pool Party.
- A Baker’s Twine bow this time along with a sentiment in Basic Black ink.
- For this card, I was also showcasing the Spiral Flower Die (which is amazing, by the way!). We cut 2 from Bermuda Bay, made them damp by spritzing with water and scrunched them up. We then unscrunched them and rolled both together to create a nice fat flower. We hot-glued it to the card along with a black Little Leaves die cut.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s cards and I’ve inspired you to try a little Ombre Fringing.
Hope you find time to get creative this weekend,
Crafty Hugs, Val. XX